Massachusetts Dermatology Associates (also known as MassDerm) is a full service dermatology practice located on the North Shore of Massachusetts in the town of Beverly, MA.
At Massachusetts Dermatology Associates, we provide innovative, high quality care in medical dermatology, skin cancer treatment, skin surgery, and cosmetic skin enhancement. Our founders, Dr. Deborah Cummins and Dr. Jordan Cummins, are Johns Hopkins and Harvard-trained dermatologists with expertise in skin cancer screening, prevention, and treatment (including Mohs surgery). We also offer a full range of cosmetic dermatology procedures and are experienced and knowledgeable in diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of skin conditions. We take pride in creating a comfortable atmosphere where we can help patients on the North Shore of MA and beyond to attain healthy and beautiful skin.
Our Story, Our Mission, and What We Offer:
Drs. Deborah Cummins and Jordan Cummins met in 1982 and continued their education side by side for the next 28 years, culminating in the creation of Massachusetts Dermatology Associates (MassDerm) in 2014. Before founding Massachusetts Dermatology Associates, Dr. Deborah Cummins served as the Director of Dermatologic Surgery at Boston University (Boston Medical Center) where she performed thousands of Mohs surgeries. Dr. Jordan Cummins was a dermatologist at Harvard University and also served as Co-Director of the High Risk Skin Cancer Clinic at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA. The rationale for creating MassDerm was to increase access to high quality dermatologic care for patients on the North Shore of Massachusetts.
At Massachusetts Dermatology Associates we are devoted to providing the highest quality and compassionate dermatology care to our patients on the North Shore of MA in our efforts to promote the health of their skin. Each member of our staff strives to exceed patient expectations.
Massachusetts Dermatology Associates offers a wide array of dermatology services that range from skin cancer management to treatment of common skin concerns such as acne, rosacea, psoriasis, and eczema. Our practitioners utilize state-of-the-art technology some of which is usually found only in much larger academic centers. We also have expertise in aesthetics and pride ourselves in being able to provide cosmetic dermatology services performed by a board-certified dermatologist, Registered Nurse, or experienced esthetician which we feel maximizes patient outcomes and reduces the potential for complications.
See our detailed services: Skin Cancer Treatment, General Dermatology, Cosmetic Dermatology
– Hi, I’m Dr. Jordan Cummins.
– I’m Dr. Deborah Cummins.
– And we are co-founders of Massachusetts Dermatology Associates, which is a dermatology practice in Beverly, Massachusetts.
– Thank you for visiting our website.
– So our mission is to provide the highest possible quality dermatologic care to our patients who, many of whom are from the North Shore, although we have a lot of patients who come from New Hampshire and Maine as well.
– We realized that there was a real need for dermatologists in this area, and we’re really excited to have a practice where we can offer a really wide range of dermatologic treatments and diagnostic procedures.
– So we have a wide range of services here. We do general dermatology, which ranges from acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, to light treatments, that are specialized for patients with more severe psoriasis or eczema, to patch testing for patients with potential contact allergies that we’re trying to uncover. We also have aesthetic services with a wide range of modalities, including lasers for skin rejuvenation, injectables, such as Botox and Juvederm.
– I would say that our primary passion really is both skin cancer management, and also aesthetic treatments. But we do also greatly enjoy treating a wide range of general dermatology conditions.
– So we’ve known each other since 1982 and went through all of our schooling together.
– We trained together at medical school at Johns Hopkins, and then we went on to dermatology residency together in the Harvard system. When we finished, when we graduated, we each went on to our own positions, in our own areas of specialty within dermatology. And ultimately we decided that what we really wanted to do was to build a practice where we would have the opportunity to continue to work together. That was how Massachusetts Dermatology Associates was born.
– We’re most proud of the level of care that we provide our patients. The amount of effort that goes into each patient and their particular situation. Both clinically, but also with our staff. We take great pride in creating a comfortable environment where patients can get their questions answered and feel very comfortable.
– We’ve had many patients come back to us and tell us how really touched or moved they were by just how much our staff were able to do for them, and how comfortable they made them feel.
Do you have a question for one of our board-certified physicians at Massachusetts Dermatology Associates?
Call (978) 225-3376 to schedule an appointment. Why travel into Boston, when you can have Boston’s best in Beverly MA?